From extranet?

Aug 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Edited Aug 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Hello,

Your project and examples seem to only work in case of an Intranet configuration (IE: If the tomcat server is itself inside the domain)

Am I right?

Can it be extended or configured from an extranet perspective (for instance, if my Tomcat server is completely outside of the realm, across the Internet?)

I have tried the "authbysspijna" on local (localhost:8080/test) and it works fine (it prints my domain and username), but when I put it to an external Tomcat server, it doesn't work. Instead, it prompts a window that asks me to enter my username and password. Why? No matter what I type into the prompt window, it doesn't work. What needs to be done for it to work?

I would like it to work without having to type anything in a prompt. Like, just print "hello DOMAIN\username".

Thank you,
Romain
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Hello,
To use Kerberos, the browser must be able to call a Domain Controller.
If you use IE, the Windows authentication does not work if you are not on intranet. So you must add the FQDN of the tomcat server in the intranet zone.
Is your server is running on Windows or unix? Is your client is running on Windows or unix?

Dominique